1) Turning down not-so-attractive classmates because “as a Muslim, I just can’t date…”
2) Getting special privileges in Ramadan, like not having to go to lunch, not having to run in gym class, or being able to leave school early.
3) Owning the Middle Eastern History section in Social Studies class.
I’m not Arab, but sure.
4) Being compared to Indian actors and actresses in Hollywood. Because all Muslims are brown, right?
I do love Mindy and Aziz though.
5) Learning a lot about the Sikh religion because we’re explaining to people how, although some of us cover our heads, we’re not Sikh.